I feel like it has been a while since I did a good beauty post, aside from my recent NSWH, so I figured, since I have a bunch of products I am loving right now, why not do one today?
Over the last few months I have collected quite a few beauty products that I don’t think I’ve shared on here yet, and most of them I am really enjoying. And then there are also some older products that I have already shared, that are also very much favourites so I figured they deserved a shoutout as well. It’s a pretty long list, so let’s just get right into it.
- First of all, my current favourite eyeshadow palette: the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette. Oh, my god this is a stunner, and I love it so so much. I had been lusting after it for quite a long time before I took the plunge about a month ago. These are normally around €50 so pretty expensive, but when I saw that all Anastasia palettes were only €35 I couldn’t pass it up and raced to the store to buy this one. And I have been using it so much ever since. I love playing around with different eye look with all the colours in the palette, but there are also so many shades that I love to wear on its own for a quick and simple look. The formula is also amazing, and I now get what the hype a few years ago was about. As soon as I can justify it, I will definitely look at another one of their palettes.
- I showed the Naïf nourishing hand cream in a mini Naïf haul in the spring (one of my last beauty posts I might add, oops?). Although I like all the products I got then, this is hands down my favourite. I used to not really be a hand cream kinda girl, but for some reason this one I really really like to use. I think it is because it has a sun protection in it, so whenever I apply this to my hands I know they are just a little more taken care of than the hand creams I had previously. This also doesn’t have a really strong scent, it sinks into the skin pretty quick, and it just leaves my hands feeling soft, moisturized and loved. It is definitely a product that I can see myself repurchasing once I run out.
- I actually found this brand, Ivy Hair Care, through an Instagram ad. I don’t usually click on the ads on there, but a sustainable Dutch hair brand? Yea, I wanted to try that. I picked up their IVY repair mask and the IVY leave-in spray to try out first, and I have been using both for a little while now. Clearly, seeing as they made it into this current favourites post, I like both products. I have been using the spray for a few months now, and I feel like it leaves my hair soft, shiny and nourished all throughout the week, without making it extra greasy or anything like that. I only started to use the mask on a weekly basis about a month ago, but so far so good. Again, I feel like it definitely takes care of my hair properly, and I love the fact that it comes with a pump for easy application. I want to try out a few more products from the brand and maybe do a whole dedicated post like I did with Naïf, so stay tuned for that in the next few months.
- Hugo Boss Orange is a perfume that I have had since I was 14, and I think that this is forever a favourite of mine. But since I haven’t talked about in in a while, I felt like it deserved a mention again. It is a perfume that I always want to have in my collection, because although I can have other favourites, this is always a scent that I find myself going back to whenever I don’t know what scent to wear, and especially in the early autumn for some reason I always want to wear this. So naturally the past few weeks I have been reaching for this perfume over the others in my collection. It is such an easy to wear, beautiful everyday scent, and I will forever come back to it.
- I love easy makeup removing products, things that I can rub on my face, wash of, et voila. I had been wanting to try out the Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm for a pretty long time now because I feel like pretty much every blogger loves that stuff, and a month ago I finally remembered to pick it up. It really is as good as everybody says. Firstly, it is so easy to use: rub a little bit of this stuff all over your face and eyes, wash off with some water, and your done, makeup is gone, and my face feels lovely and clean. I definitely prefer this over an oil, because although I loved the Philosophy Purity cleansing oil, it was so messy whereas this balm really isn’t. This is also so gentle on the skin, and more importantly, the eyes. I think it is the first cleansing balm that I have tried so far (from the two so I really can’t say all that much about it) that doesn;t sting my eyes, which is great. And it takes my makeup off like a dream. I only just started using it a few weeks ago, but I can already tell I’ll want to repurchase this when I run out.
- Another long time favourite of mine is the H&M Superfine Brow Liner, which is an amazing dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz or whatever that one is called. I used to only use this when I travelled, but recently I ran out of my everyday brow product so I switched over to this one for my daily brows and I have not regretted it one bit. I have the darkest shade which I believe is “Dark Brown” and it matches my hair colour pretty perfectly. The tip of the pencil is very fine for a nice and precise application, and the best part is, it is only €7 so very budget friendly. My only complaint is that they don’t sell this in my local H&M so I have to travel to a different city to stock up, but I can live with that. This will definitely stay in my makeup routine for years to come.
- Lastly, I have been loving painting my nails lately. And especially trying to do more fun things than just one colour all over. I have definitely fallen in love with that trend where you paint all your nails different colours, or use 2 or 3 colours, and I have also been trying to add thin layer of polish on top of another colour to give a bit of a nail art effect. I think it is such a fun thing to play around with, and it instantly makes me feel more put together. My favourite brands are definitely Sally Hansen, specifically the Miracle Gel range; the Catrice ICONails polishes, and I also recently fell back in love with the Essie polishes as well. I haven’t tried their gel range though, but I will probably pick up a shade or two soon. In therms of my favourite colours, I generally go for anything light and nude, but I am loving the dark neutral autumn shades as well currently. I also Finally picked up Essie Fiji which is a beautiful pale pink and I have been enjoying that on my nails a lot too. Basically, I am really enjoying painting my nails right now.
I think those are all the beauty products I am really really loving at the moment. A good few new amazing discoveries, but definitely some older favourites as well. When it comes to beauty products, I think I am ready for autumn.
I definitely want to try and do more beauty posts on here, because I honestly enjoy doing them. The only problem is that I never really know what to do, so if you have any suggestions do let me know!
Thanks for stopping by ❤