I’ve said it many times, but I’ll say it again: my favourite makeup product is probably lipstick.
It just adds so much to a look, and can change the whole feel of your outfit. If you’re feeling bold, wear a bright red, pink or orange, if you are feeling natural, wear a nude or soft pink. You can go matte, glossy and everything in between depending on your mood. Just a mascara and brows kinda day? Throw on a dark red lip and you already look like you put in so much more effort. Or if you’re not feeling a bold colour, you can go for a sheer or slightly tinted lipgloss and still look like you thought about it a bit. Basically, I love lip products, and I always have colours I want to add to my collection.
And today we are having a look at that collection. I don’t have a whole lot of products, but I have enough (well, almost) to fit pretty much every mood I can possibly be in.
Let’s start with regular lipsticks, because I use those the most. I feel like I have a pretty good mix of more expensive ones and some that are a little more (or very) affordable.
- Sisley Le Phyto Rouge lipstick in 41 Rouge Miami. This is the newest addition to my lipstick collection, and my most worn ever since I got it. I pretty much wore it every day to work until lockdown, and I honestly really miss wearing it but I just can’t be bothered with makeup right now. It is a really nice everyday bold red, not as bold as the next lippie on this list but not a subtle one either. It is a very creamy long-lasting formula, and although it is very expensive, I do think it is worth the money if you love lipstick. Also, the packaging is just so nice.
- Rimmel London The Only 1 Matte lipstick in 500 Take The Stage. From the expensive to the affordable with the perfect bold true red. I am so sad that they don’t sell this line of lipsticks in the Netherlands anymore, because it is so so good. This lipstick is a matte formula but it is still incredibly comfortable on the lips and last a long long time. I mentioned this lipstick in this blog post and did a whole little review about it, so check that out if you want to know more.
- Mac Liptensity lipstick in Smoked Almond. This lipstick was my very first Mac product, and it is definitely one of my favourite nudes. It is a bit of a darker, orange-y brown shade, and it looks absolutely beautiful on the lips. It is again a creamy formula that leans a tiny bit towards matte and wears well on the lips. The scent of this is also really nice, a lovely vanilla scent that isn’t too overwhelming. If I want something on my lips that is not a full on nude on me but also not a bold colour, this is usually what I reach for.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in 13. Ah, my favourite orange lipstick. I have mentioned these lipsticks a few times already (check out this post for example) because I love the creamy but long-lasting formula a lot. And this colour is just beautiful as well. A very bold, bright orange red colour that just screams spring and summer and always makes me happy when I wear it. If you like an orange lip, definitely check this one out.
- Revlon Living Lipstick in 023 Love That Pink. From bright orange to bright pink. I actually got this one from my grandma because she never wore it, and although it is not one I wear a lot, I am glad to have it in my collection for the days that I want a bright pink summer lip. It is creamy with almost a touch of shiny so it is not my favourite formula, as I feel like it just doesn’t last as long on the lips, and that is something I definitely do want in a bright colour like this. Still, I like the shade and it is definitely not a bad lipstick. It is also the one I am wearing on my lips in the header photo.
- Dior Rouge Dior Ultra Rouge lipstick in 555 Ultra Kiss. This is another newer addition to my collection, and I don’t actually know if I’ve ever shown it here on the blog. It is a bit of a pink, red, almost maybe watermelon colour blend, and although I love the look of it I haven’t been wearing it a whole lot yet. That’s mostly because I think on me it is the type of colour that looks best when I have a bit of a tan, which is now, but now I don’t have anywhere to wear lipstick to.. It is not as bright as the previous lipstick, but still a brighter colour, a bit like 1 and 2 are both bold but one just more than the other. The formula is, again, creamy, but for some reason it does emphasize the dry bits on my lips more than other creamy formulas. I won’t say that this is a bad lipstick purchase, I still like it a lot, but it is not my favourite.
- YSl Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in 16. My very first YSl lipstick is one that I like but don’t love, although the packaging is absolutely beautiful. This is a shiny texture, a little bit sheer, and not very long lasting. I love this dabbed on the lip for a bit of a sheen, but not full on applied because I feel like it is just a little too slippery for my liking. The colour however is beautiful, an almost pinky orange, less bold than the other YSL one but still noticeable enough on the lips, even if I just dab it on.
- Essence Matt Matt Matt lipstick in 02 Perfect Match. This is a very VERY cheap lipstick, but really good non the less. This is more of a cool toned pinky nude, a little bit of a deeper colour, and sometimes on my skin tone it almost looks like it has a touch of purple in it. I’ve had this one for a long time and I definitely go through phases of reaching for this every day. The formula, as the name might suggest, is matte, but it is still comfortable to wear. I actually lvoe pairing this with a slightly darker lip liner for that almost 90’s effect.
- Rimmel London The Only 1 lipstick in 700 Naughty Nude. Basically the creamier, slightly more warm toned version of the previous lipstick. This is also from that Rimmel line that isn’t for sale in the Netherlands anymore , which breaks my heart, but again the non-matte version. With this one again I go through phases of having it as my go-to nude lip, it is so easy to just quickly throw on the lip if you want something simple. It is slightly slippery and not suuuper long latsing, but I tend to fix that with a good lip liner, one of which I happen to own int he exact same colour.
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in 09. Ah, the one where my love for the Rouge Pur Couture line started. An everyday dark slightly purple toned pink, that what I’d describe this as. Maybe a soft berry? I mean, what more can I say about this formula that I haven’t already said, it is creamy, buttery to apply, pigmented and it lasts so so good. The packaging also just feels like a treat to pull out of your bag when you have to reapply this, it honestly brings be so much joy. I guess this is kind of the pink version of the Mac lipstick, if I want an everyday colour but also something with a bit more umph than your everyday nude, this is what I want, basically. With a slightly darker lip liner you can actually make this a lot more bolder than it is which I also love to do sometimes.
Moving on to liquid lippies, strangely shaped lippies that won’t stand up and glosses. I don’t use all of these a whole lot – although I tend to go through phases with lipgloss – but I still love these enough to keep them, and I do reach for them occasionally. Like, enough to keep them around.
- Hema Matt Lip Cream in 02 Pink. I think these Hema liquid lipsticks were my first introductions to a liquid lip, and let me tell you, these are good. Firstly, they are very cheap – around €4 I think – and they are pigmented, comfortable to wear, they last long and this pink colour is stunning, probably my favourite pink in my collection. The texture is very mousse like which feels nice on the lips, and it is very easy to apply. It dries up really matte, but I don’t have any issues with dry lips when I use this. I haven’t worn it in a long time though, but now I really want to again.
- YSL Tatouage Couture Matte Stain in 5. This lip stain is beautiful. Expensive, yes, but it look really really nice on the lips and is also very comfortable to wear. It is purple-ish pink that is pretty much a darker liquid version of the YSL lipstick in 9, and it dries, as the name suggest, matte, although not as matte as the Hema one. For me this is still a pretty wearable everyday colour, but that might just be because I like a slightly bolder lip in general.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 19 Cannes. I feel like everyone on the internet loved the NYX soft matte lip cream a few years back, so this summer I decided to pick one up. And I have to say, it is a really really nice liquid lip. Cannes is a bit of a brown pink-ish nude that, surprise surprise, dries up matte. It is again very comfortable to wear, lasts a long time and is also quite affordable. It also smells like vanilla, which is always a treat. If you don’t mind scented lip products, of course. In texture it is similar to the Hema one, in that it is quite mousse-y, which, again, feels quite nice on the lips.
- Hema Longlasting Lipstick in 20 Tender Rose. Okay, so, this one I am actually not that in love with. Or at least, I find myself not reaching for both of the Hema long lasting lipsticks as much as I used to when I first got them. I loved this colour for a while, but I feel like these are quite dry on the lips and just not as comfortable as my other lipsticks. This one is a cool toned purple-ish pink, a little darker than the Essence lipstick, and like I said I do love the colour but I just think the formula is not really for me anymore. It does last a good amount of time on the lips, and because it has a small bullet (that you can’t see on the photo) it has an easy and precise application. I might give this another shot, but there is a chance that I will declutter this one.
- Hema Matte Lip Cream in 01 Nude. Ah, my other Hema lip cream. I have hunted this nude colour down, because I thought it was absolutely stunning but it was sold out everywhere at the time. This is a slightly lighter version of the Mac lipstick, so it is nice to switch between the two depending on my mood. Texture-wise it is of course exactly the same as the pink one, obviously.
- Hema Lip Maximizing gloss in 01 Clear. Everyone needs a simple, plain, basic clear lip gloss in their collection, don’t you think? The one I have is very cheap but exactly what you want in a clear lip gloss, it gives a shiny glossy effect. I got a lip maximizing one, and although I don’t really feel like it does anything, I do always like that tingling feeling. I wear this on top of lip liners, lipsticks or just on its own if I just want a shiny effect. My one issue with this particular one is that not a lot comes off at first application, so you have to dip it back in a few times to get that really glossy effect.
- Hema Longlasting lipstick in 25 Muddy Mood. The other Hema long lasting lipstick I own has the dumbest name, but it is actually a really stunning colour. It is a dark brown-ish red, nice and deep but also somehow a little bit subtle. Again, I don’t love the formula and so I haven’t worn this in a long time, but I want to give it one more shot before I make my final decision.
- Catrice Volumizing Lip Booster lipgloss in 040 Nuts About Mary. And now we have reached my last lip gloss, the last product of this post. I got this because I felt like I just needed a coloured gloss as well, right after I got the clear one. And I love this. I actually wore it in the header photo for my WFH outfits post, and I noticed just how good it actually looks. This is very shiny, it is a beautiful nude colour and it supposedly has that maximizing effect. This is so easy to wear and looks very nice, and I kind of want to pick up more of this lip gloss in different colours..
Sooo, 18 lip products in total. I think that is a pretty good collection all in all. I have a few more lipsticks on my wish list, but I can do without them for a little while. I’m not wearing much makeup these days anyway. I also feel like I have a good mix of high end and more affordable products, which feels pretty good as well.
Thanks for stopping by ❤