It seems like I do one of these every 2 months or so, and since the last one was in February… let’s look at my beauty trash!😅
I feel like I haven’t actually used up a whole lot of stuff in the last 2,5 months, which is pretty good. I mean, there’s still some stuff, but not too much. I am also slowly trying to reduce my beauty waste by buying things without packaging or reusable packaging but I actually find that very hard.
Anyways, I’ll talk more about that in another post.. for now let’s look at this pile of trash!
- Palmolive almond milk body wash. I got this massive bottle of body wash to use as a hand soap in my cute reusable hand soap dispenser and it was great. Nothing mind blowing, it’s just a regular body wash, but it smelled nice, left my hands feeling clean but not dried out and it lasted us aaages.
- Kérastase Nutritive shampoo. I got this shampoo and conditioner in a little travel set at my hairdresser’s before we went to the Ardennes last year, meaning it lasted me pretty damn long. I absolutely loved this stuff, it smelled wonderful and cleaned my hair amazingly. I would definitely get this again (or the full size) if I found it again.
- Kérastase Nutritive conditioner. Same goes for the conditioner, it smelled lovely and luxurious, and made my hair feel nice and cared for. Again, a product I would think about repurchasing.
- The Body Shop Skin Defense SPF 50 day cream. I found this in my cabinet recently and decided to quickly use it up. I love this stuff, it has such a nice high SPF meaning it is great for those sunny days, and it is also a lightweight moisturizer. I have already repurchased this.
- Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo. I got this mini dry shampoo from my mother-in-law for my birthday. I liked this, didn’t love it as much as my Batiste Brunette dry shampoo though. It did the job really well, and gave me a great amount of volume – more than the Batiste one. However, the scent was really overwhelmingly strong, to the point where I just couldn’t breathe in right after using this. So, although it is a nice dry shampoo, for that reason I don’t think I will purchase this again in the future.
- Garnier Ambre Solaire sunscreen. With those few really hot days we had last month, I managed to finish a sunscreen. Not the whole bottle obviously, but the last little bit, just enough for one use. I liked this one and have another bottle of it (although we did leave it at my dad’s..). Was it mind blowing? No, but is was good enough and if there’s a deal on this when I need new sunscreen, I will probably repurchase it.
- Zadig & Voltaire Just Rock perfume. I don’t often use up perfume samples – I usually forget I have them – but this time I actually remembered and used up two. This first one by Zadig & Voltaire absolutely was my favourite. It kind of reminded me of my grandma in a really good way, as she has amazing taste in beauty and fashion. I will definitely think of this one when I’m in need of a new perfume (or let myself buy another one 😉 ).
- Emporio Armani In Love With You perfume. This one didn’t charm me as much. I definitely did not dislike it, I did use up the whole sample, but I own the other female perfume is this line – Because It’s You – and love that one waaay more. I feel like maybe this one just didn’t work with my skin as well as the other one, or maybe there’s just something about the notes in it, or maybe I’m just comparing the two and because I love the original one so much I’m being harder on this one.. I don’t know what it is, but I do know that I probably won’t buy a full size of this one.
- Essence Maximum Definition Volume mascara. I said I wouldn’t repurchase this, but then I did. I like this mascara, it gives a nice natural look, but builds up to something a bit more dramatic. Not too dramatic though, but definitely good enough.
And that’s all the stuff I used up in the last two months. Although I am actually currently almost out of 4 products, so don’t be too surprised if there’s another one of these posts in the very near future..
Thanks for stopping by ❤