Today is the day guys. We are going to find out if I have wasted all my money.
When I was writing my newest New In Makeup post, I had this idea of going back to my previous New In posts and seeing what I bought, and more importantly seeing if I am still using those items or not, if I wasted my money or not. I’ve been seeing these types of posts mostly in video form on YouTube and always really enjoy watching them. It’s a good way to see if you actually use the things you buy, and also what works for you and what doesn’t.
So, as I’ve done a few of the New In posts now (one on makeup – not counting the one from earlier this week – one on skincare, two on fashion) and it’s been a good few months since I did them, I thought today would be a good day to revisit my beauty hauls to see what I’ve actually been using, and what I maybe shouldn’t have bought.
Starting with the skincare, as this was the first post I did in this sort of series back in September. Whoa, that’s actually a pretty long time ago..
- Bioderma mild cleansing foaming gel. I used this for maybe two months or so, and actually quite liked it. But I did notice that my skin was breaking out a lot and I suspect it had something to do with this. So after those two months I actually stopped using it and I started using the most basic soap ever, which I love. Conclusion: good product but not for me.
- Philosophy Purity cleansing oil for face and eyes. YES, I love this product. It took me a little while to start using this because I was still using up another cleanser, but now that I’ve used it for a while I can honestly say that I love it. It takes my makeup off like a dream and it smells really really nice. Once thing that I notice in comparison to the cleansing butter that I used before is that I feel like it leaves a bit more of a residue on my skin than the The Body Shop butter, but not so much that it really bothers me. I like this stuff. A lot.
- Holland & Barrett Dead Sea face mask. I haven’t used this stuff a whole lot. Not because I don’t like it, more so because I haven’t really been using face masks. So not necessarily a bad purchase, but not a super amazing one either. I might get really into face masks again though and start using this every week. Who knows?
- Sukin Revitalizing Facial Scrub. This is the same situation as with the face mask. I have been keeping my skincare routine so basic with just a oil cleanser, soap and moisturizer that I haven’t really been using a scrub all that much. However I do actually want to start using this more as I think it is a nice step to do every once in a while. So, this hasn’t been loved a whole lot since I got it, but I am going to start using it more.
- Holland & Barrett Dead Sea eye cream. This I have been using every day since I ran out of my other eye cream, and I really enjoy using it. Although the packaging isn’t very travel friendly, the product is good. It moisturizes my undereyes nicely and doesn’t take too long sinking into the skin. This was a good purchase.
- Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar SPF 25. I think it is safe to say that I love Philosophy skincare, because this was another great purchase. This has been my daily moisturizer ever since I got it. Although the cream is quite thick it still sinks into my skin like a dream, doesn’t leave me feeling greasy and doesn’t clog my pores. Despite the ridiculous price (€50,00) I think this was the best skincare purchase from this haul, and I will probable repurchase it.
And now for makeup. Like I said, I did not add the bits I showed in Tuesday’s post because I literally just shared that one, so these are all the bits from this one from November.
- Catrice Prime and Fine Goodbye Pores primer. So I already mentioned this a different version of a Catrice primer I love, but this consistency is not really for me. I still stand by that. I have been using it here and there though, and I actually like the effect underneath foundation. It just doesn’t feel as great as the one I normally get. I’ll use it up, but won’t repurchase.
- Hema Natural Skin foundation in 04. Yeah, so if you’ve read my recent New In Makeup post you would know that I finally found my perfect foundation, and this isn’t it. I used this a little bit before I found that one, but the colour just doesn’t work for me. Too orange-y pink. Not right. The formula is fine, it is nice and sheer, it has that perfect light coverage that I like in my foundations. It’s just not a good colour, as I already mentioned when I showed this the first time.
- Hema Eyebrow Pomade in Dark Brow. I think I have found my perfect brow product. This stuff is so good, and I am sooo happy I got it. I love that I don’t have to sharpen anything and that it lasts so long. The colour also matches my brows pretty well. I had never used a brow pomade before, but now that I’ve tried this I know I will repurchase it. Not that that will be necessary for a long time but like.. I already know.
- Essence The False Lashes Extreme Volume mascara. I mean, I already knew that I loved this, and that still hasn’t changed.
- Hema Intense Eye Pencil in 25. I used this a lot when I first got it, when I was still very much in a eye shadow pencil phase. Right now I’ve been in a bit more of a powder phase, so I haven’t used this in a few weeks, but I am still happy I got this and will continue to use it.
- Hema Metallic Lip Gloss in Shimmering Scarlet. I haven’t actually worn this a whole lot since I got it, maybe once or twice. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this lip gloss, I think it’s stunning and so cool and I loved wearing it those two times. It also stayed on my lips like a dream. However it’s maybe just a little too bold for me. I am keeping this in my collection though, and I will keep trying to be brave enough to wear this.
- Hema Lip Kit. Yep. No. I haven’t worn this once since I got this. The colour is just so weird and off and not okay. On me, at least. Maybe it looks good on other people but for me it just doesn’t work. I also really bothers me that the lip liner, which I forgot to add to the photo, and the liquid lip don’t match. And it’s not like the colours were slightly off, they just were completely different shades of pink. I would not recommend getting this product guys.. Very bad purchase.
Well, that was fun! It was actually so good to see what I do and do not use, and thus do not need to buy anymore.
I am excited to do this with fashion next, I already know that some things were veeeery good purchases 😉
Thanks for stopping by ❤