It’s been a while, but the trash is back!
Which doesn’t sound very exciting but I always enjoy doing these Empties posts because it’s nice to look back on what I’ve used and what my thoughts are, if it’s worth to repurchase or not. Today we also have a mini declutter though, and I am going to try to incorporate these in my Empties posts more often whenever I have a beauty declutter session.
Let’s start with the declutter first, very quickly. It’s all makeup, I’ve been wanting a more streamlined makeup collection, with only things that I actually love and enjoy using. Some of these, like the Clinique powder, are just very old. I used to use this as a bronzer/contour powder but I haven’t reached for it a lot in the last year or so, so it was time for this to go. The lipsticks are either old or they are colours that I don’t really wear, because they don’t suit me or because I have a similar colour that I love more (the reds, for example. I have a Rimmel red lipstick that is AH-MAZING and I don’t really need any others). Then there is the eyeshadow stick that’s just not the best quality..
- DM Alverde Lemon & Rosemary body oil. I finished another bottle of my favourite body oil that you can only get in Germany as far as I know. And I only have 1 bottle left.. Guess I need to plan a trip to Germany soon 😉 No but honestly, this stuff is great! It smells wonderful and it feels nice and I like the bottle a lot as well, with the pump and all. I am not going to throw this away yet, instead I think I am going to clean this and then put one of my Weleda oils in here, as this bottle is waaay handier than the bottles that the Weleda oils come in. I am also going to wait with opening my last bottle of this stuff at least until I’ve finished some of my other body butter/lotions/oils.
- The Body Shop Frosted Plum body butter. Speaking of finishing other body butters, I finished a mini one from one of the The Body Shop Holiday scents. This smelled great, as do most of the The Body Shop scents. Also, you just can’t go wrong with the body butters from this brand.
- Make-up Revolution face powder. As you can see this powder shattered. Which I’m not too sad about to be honest, as I did not really love this powder. I feel like it was a bit too powdery.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz brow pencil. This stuff is SO GOOD. I loved it. The colour I had – Ebony I believe – was a perfect match for my eyebrows. I loved the twist-up, so easy, and the ultra thin pencil tip for extra precision. This made my brows look defined but natural, and was easy and quick for in the morning. However. I won’t be repurchasing this any time soon. The reason for that is that it lasted me less than 2 months, which is a lot shorter than the Hema eyebrow pencil I used to use. And especially for the price – over €20,00 – it is too short for me. It really disappointed me that I finished it that quickly, and for that reason I won’t be repurchasing it in the foreseeable future.
- Catrice Slim’matic Ultra Precise brow pencil. I thought I had found a drugstore dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz in this Catrice brow pencil. The colour wasn’t as great a match as the Anastasia one, and this pencil felt a little more waxy and a little less smooth on application, but other than that I liked this. This one, however, I finished even quicker than the last one. I think this lasted me a month at most, which was so disappointing and I feel like I would just waste soooo much plastic if I would repurchase this time and time again so again, this won’t come back into my collection.
- The Body Shop Camomile cleansing butter. Want to know the easiest way to take of your makeup? It’s cleansing butters. Or cleansing oils. Whatever consistency you prefer. I love this The Body Shop cleansing butter. It’s easy, not too expensive, it doesn’t sting my eyes, it lasts a good amount of time, it takes of my makeup like a dream, and I love the fact that this doesn’t come in a plastic container, but rather an aluminium one. I don’t know if that is actually better or not, but in my mind it is. I haven’t repurchased this yet as I am currently trying out a cleansing oil, but I will definitely repurchase this in the future I think. This stuff is great.
- The Body Shop Eye Defence eye cream. Another successful product. This eye cream is lovely, it’s a sort of gel like consistency which sinks right into the skin, and it doesn’t irritate my eyes one bit. I also like the small easy to travel with packaging, and despite it’s small size it actually lasts quite a long time. I haven’t repurchased it because there is no The Body Shop store near me, but I will probably get it again in the future.
- Rituals Creamy Foam Cleanser. This was my travel cleanser, and although it didn’t blow my sock off I did still like it, and I have repurchased another travel sized one of these. This comes out as a cream, but as you rub it between wet fingers and onto a wet face it starts to foam up a bit. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry or anything, and yea.. Like I said, I liked it.
- Kruidvat Refreshing dry shampoo. Hmm.. I don’t know. Nothing beats the Batiste dry shampoo in my book, but this was fine. It did the job, let’s put it that way, and I liked the small size of this, great to travel with!
- The Body Shop Banana hair mask. Yaaas, my favourite hair mask that I’ve tried so far. This makes my hair feel silky and smooth and it smells great, like those Haribo candy bananas. I haven’t repurchased it, again because there’s no store near me, but I will most likely get this again when I run out of my current hair mask.
- Essence I ❤ Colour Intense eyeshadow base. I have already repurchased this, it works great! It makes my eye shadow look really nice, it holds it in place for a good amount of time, and it is so budget (only like €2,50). Also. this stuff lasted me well over a year which is great. I am happy to have a new one now.
- Catrice mascara (the name has completely rubbed off..). I liked this. In the beginning it was a but too natural for my taste, but as it dried down a little bit I got great lashes. However it did not beat the Essence mascara I had used before this one, and so I did not repurchase it. Also for some reason I have poked myself in the eye with the brush a ridiculous amount of times, which is kind of weird..
- Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm. I like Burt’s Bees lip balms in general, and this one was no exception. I mostly used this on those minimal or no makeup days, when I wanted just a bit of colour back into my appearance. It is a very subtle red balm, which I liked a lot. I haven’t repurchased it just because I have other lip balms and I don’t really miss this, but I might get it again in the future.
Okay, that was a lot of stuff. I think I had mostly good products, with some misses here and there. But mostly stuff I would happily get again 🙂
Thanks for stopping by ❤