After my New In Skincare post from a few weeks ago I thought it was time to share what’s new in my makeup collection as well.
I’ve actually accumulated a lot of makeup recently, even though I am trying to reduce my collection. But I just ran out of a few products recently, and there were a few things I just couldn’t resist buying (what can I say, I am a lipstick junky). I have also gotten rid of a few things as well so those will be shared in an upcoming Empties post. For now though, here’s what’s new on my face:
- Catrice Prime and Fine Goodbye Pores primer. I like this, don’t love it though. It is a more silicone-y version of a primer I loved, and when I saw this I wanted to try it. The consistency is just not really for me. I don’t hate it, but I will not get it again. After I finish this I will just go back to the normal version of this. I will say that my skin looks very smooth when I use this!
- Hema Natural Skin foundation in 04. I am still looking for the perfect natural sheer-ish foundation, and this one isn’t it. I like the formula -it is sheer but covers enough of the redness in my face – however it is slightly too pink for my skin tone, and I couldn’t find anything more yellow in their colour selection.
- Hema Eyebrow Pomade in Dark Brown. I like this. A lot. I picked it up because I kept running out of eyebrow pencil (more on that in an upcoming empties post) and I just wanted something new. This caught my attention, and I am glad it did. I had to get used to it, but now, after using it everyday for the last few weeks, my brows look great. They are natural enough but have a good shape and colour, and I can now fill in my brows quite quick. It also laaaaasts so great on the brows.
- Essence The False Lashes Extreme Volume mascara. A repurchase. I like the mascara I am using now, but I loved this more and I am almost out of my current mascara. Happy to use this soon.
- Hema Intense Eye Pencil in 25. I have recently developed a thing for eyeshadow pencils. They are just so quick and easy. Sweep on the lid, blend the edges and go. So when I saw this pretty copper colour in Hema (and some other pretty colours too!) I had to have it, and it did not disappoint. This is pretty, it lasts well and it is just sooo easy. Also, it is twist-up: no sharpening, yay! I will definitely pick up some more colours of this product for when I don’t want to deal with palettes. And that for €4,50! (I think..)
- Hema Metallic Lip Gloss in Shimmering Scarlet. This stuff is pretty. And good. And only €6,00 and totally worth the money. I haven’t worn it a lot yet as it is a very statement lip, but I am soooo looking forward to wearing this every day in December! (okay maybe not every day but like for holiday parties this is amazing!). It is gloriously shimmery and metallic and cool, the consistency is sticky and thick in that ‘it’ll last aaages on the lips’ way, and with a nice red liner on the lips it lasts even longer. I do press a tissue on my lips after applying as I just like that matted metallic glitter/shimmer look better (and it doesn’t get on my teeth when I do that) but it looks really cool and bold without that trick too.
- Hema Lip Kit (but I forgot the liner in this photo. I don’t know if I like this. The idea is great, honestly, but in practice… I don’t know. First of all, the liner and liquid lip don’t match, which is kind of a problem. The liner is waaay darker/pinker than the lipstick and it doesn’t even really look good if you completely fill in you lips with it, the line is too obvious. Other than that I think I like the liner though. The liquid lip.. I just don’t know, the colour looks weird on my skin tone I think. I’ll have to play around with this kit a bit, but so far it’s not the best €6,50 ever spent.
That’s not too bad a collection is it? Some not so great purchases, but also definitely some new faves!
Thanks for stopping by ❤