Ladies and gentlemen, I am now officially 23!!! And a week. And a few days..
My birthday celebrations have passed (well, most of them) so I thought I would share a few things I’ve gotten this year. I got spoiled again this year, and am so thankful to my friends and family for being so sweet to me. I will still “get” some more things – my boyfriend is taking me on a city trip and making a photo collage out of the pics we take there, my oldest sister is taking me to the movies and my middle sister is taking me out for dinner (sushi to be exact, aahwmygaawd droooool🤤). My boyfriends sister took us both out for dinner – she missed my boyfriend’s birthday as well – which was very fun and delicious. The books I’ve gotten I will show in an upcoming book haul because I always feel like books should have a dedicated post (also I got a lot of books this month – not all just for my birthday – so I wanted to show them all at once).
Anyways, here are some of the things I’ve gotten for my birthday this year.
- First of all my biggest gift, one that I did buy myself but was partially paid for by my parents. There was one thing I wanted from them: to help pay for a new duvet. Our old one was very old and just worn out and done, and new ones that are sort of good quality are freaking expensive, so having them help pay for this is amazing. I found this one at Hema for not too expensive and it is pretty good quality, and I am so very happy with how floofy soft and warm it is. It is one of those all seasons one with two layers that you can attach to each other for extra warmth and I love it!!
- My mum also gave me this small wooden birdhouse that I might just use as decoration in my house because it’s too cute to hang outside in the rain (but I also might just put it up for the birds because they want a cozy place too) and these bird snack food balls to hang outside so the birds have something to eat this winter. Definitely will hang this outside, I don’t think I will love snacking on this myself 😂
- Both my boyfriend’s mother and his father gave me pretty flowers that I will use in many Insta pics to come, and my father-in-law also gave me this tea towel. “Why a tea towel?” you ask. Well, we got one for Christmas last year and I love it as a tablecloth for our coffee table, so I asked for another one to be able to switch things up a bit. I love this red one because it is so very autumnal, but it also matches our red couch really nicely.
- My mother-in-law gave me a book which I will feature in my September book haul soon. She also gave me this Aussie dry shampoo, a brand we had been talking about a little while before where I mentioned liking their products. She told me she found this dry shampoo not long after and got it for me to try out. She also gave me these satin pillowcases, they are apparently better for your skin and hair and I’m excited to try them out! She also gave me chocolate, but I ate that already. Oops….
- My brother-in-law and his girlfriend gave me a bookish gift card, and I am soooo excited with this excuse to buy more books. I am thinking about getting Tomorrow, a book about an immortal dog with a GORGEOUS cover, but I’m not sure yet.. Maybe I’ll get more Kelley Armstrong books.. Or another Penguin English library classic… Or an Agatha Christie.. Oooh I don’t know yet, again, you’ll have to wait for my book haul (if I have decided by then, haha🤤).
- And lastly the first gift I’ve gotten, from one of my best friends and her boyfriend. It is an apple pie liqueur, and it is so delicious!! It is from van Kleef, which is a very good brand, and I don’t actually like apple pie but in liqueur form it is amazing. Also the bottle is stunning, and once I’ve finished the liqueur I am going to use it for something else. I was first thinking a candle, but I actually love the whole look with the cork and stuff, so now I’m thinking maybe homemade garlic oil or something. But first I am going to enjoy the liqueur 😉
And that is all. My grandparents from both sides (yes, I am one of the very lucky people that still have all 4 grandparents. I’m realizing more and more each year how lucky I am to be in that position) gave me some money. Some of it I am going to save for when G and I are going on that birthday trip, some of it I will use (and already have used) to buy a present for myself. Like books. And beauty bits. Or maybe a new pair of shoes..
Anyways, I am mostly very thankful to be healthy and happy and to have lovely people around me that are also healthy. I am thankful that I feel like my life is back on track and that I am actually going somewhere again, and that I am getting sort of an idea of where I want to go and what I want to do. Sort of, because I am only 23 and do you really know where your life is going at 23? Do you ever know?
Thanks for stopping by ❤