It has been a long long while, but today it is finally time for another 5 Faves.
My last 5 faves is a good 6 months ago I believe. I stopped doing them first because I fell out of love with blogging, and then I decided that I much preferred my Weekly Highlights where I share one item or product that I’m loving at the time. It’s just easier, I can pretty much immediately tell you what I’m obsessed with at the moment without having to wait a whole month. But lately I’ve been loving lots of things and I was thinking about doing a Weekly Highlights with multiple things, but it so happened that I wanted to share 5 things, and so the 5 Faves are back.
I think I am going to bring them back every once in a while when I am loving 5 things. But instead of doing them by month, as I previously did, I am just numbering them like it did here.
Aaaanyways, enough about all that, let’s get into my 5 Faves!
First of all, please excuse the not so great quality photo, I don’t know what happened to my camera there but I couldn’t be bothered taking another series of shots…
- My first fave is something I’ve been loving since I got them almost a year ago: my Adidas Gazelle trainers. Oh my lord, these are so comfortable and cute and such a good replacement for my completely worn-out pair of Adidas Superstars. My beloved white trainers are dead, although I haven’t been able to throw them out yet (I probably won’t do that until I’ve officially replaced them with the exact same pair but not so beaut-up), and instead I’ve been wearing these pretty much exclusively for the past year. They are comfortable, they go with everything, they are casual but I can also get away with wearing them to my internship. I’ve also gotten quite a few compliments on them, which is never a bad thing 🙂
- The next item is this Givenchy Live Irrésistible eau de parfum. This, I swear, will be the scent I’ll be wearing all summer. It is sweet and fresh and not overwhelming and my boyfriend loves it too, and I highly recommend you try it out in store soon. I got this 2 years ago as a present from my grandma, but this year I’ve actually been really getting into it. Probably because I’ve finished my previous summer scent, but more about that in a later post.. Anyways, the bottle is not my favourite, a little young and girly for my taste, but like who cares when the actual perfume is this good?!
- What is a 5 Faves without a Body Shop product? This time it’s a bit of a re-discovery for me. I used to use the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter years ago, then started using the oil from the same range, and then for some reason stopped using cleansing oils/butters at all. But a few months ago I decided to pick one up again – partly to reduce waste (no cotton pads needed with this product) and partly because I wanted a quick and easy way to take of my makeup. Naturally my first place to look was The Body Shop as I remembered my love for this cleanser, and nothing much has changed. It’s just so easy: rub a little bit of this stuff on your face and eyes and rinse of with water of a facial cloth. If I’m good I’ll cleanse with a foam cleanser as well, if I’m lazy I just leave it at that and go straight in with my night cream. It doesn’t dry out my skin or stings my eyes, but I am very careful not to rub this in my eyes (on my eyes, yes. This takes of mascara like a dream). Also, the packaging is cute and pretty travel friendly (no liquid so no spills), and you get a very good amount of product!
- A few posts ago, in my last Empties I believe, I mentioned that I wanted to try out a more natural deodorant. Well, I picked one up! This is the Botanique roll-on deodorant in a lovely citrus scent, and so far I like it. I don’t feel like I smell more or sweat more than when I use my Nivea spray, which is a good thing. However, I am not a very smelly or sweaty person anyways, so maybe it won’t work as well when you tend to sweat a lot. I’m gonna try it out a bit more on the very hot days that are to come (hooray) but so far, so good :)!
- And last but not least, another favourite that I’ve been loving for months now, and I am still so thankful to my boyfriend’s sister for getting me this for my birthday. It is the DM Alverde Naturkosmetik Cellulite Körper-öl, whatever that may mean (I don’t speak German). From what I understand this is a rosemary and lemon scented body oil, and oh my, this stuff is amazing. First of all, it smells sooooo goooood. It also sinks into my skin really nicely and moisturizes so well. I love the glass packaging with the pump – so handy – and I’m pretty sure it’s a natural product. But I’m not sure, because the ingredient list is in, you know, German. Only downside? We can’t get it here in the Netherlands… Luckily my sweet mum got me a backup before Christmas, and then my boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend (is that also my sister-in-law?) got me another bottle a few months ago, YAY! The reason that I am putting this in my Faves is because I filled the last bottle with a different oil once I ran out, and didn’t let myself open a new bottle of this before that was all gone. When I finally emptied the other oil I went straight for this one, and immediately remembered why I loved it so much. It’s just so good. That’s all I can say about it now, just so good.. 🙂
I think that was a very good bunch of item/products, ones I will continue to use for a long time I think. I hope you enjoyed and maybe found some new products to try out.
Thanks for stopping by ❤