When this blog post goes up I will probably have just arrived in Germany, or at least be well on my way. And today I am showing you what I am bringing.
So it is a three day trip. I will be spending around 5 hours on the train in total, and we have lots of things we want to do when I’m there.
Did I even tell you who “we” are? Or why I’m going to Germany? Don’t think so, so let me start with that.
One of my best friends is doing an internship over there. She has been away since February and I believe she has about a month left. And because it isn’t too far by train she asked if I wanted to come stay with her for a weekend. Of course I said yes! I want to see where she has been living these past few months and also discover this part of Europe that I’ve never been to. I don’t think I’ve ever been to Germany actually, so it’s about time. Don’t really speak the language, so I’m kind of scared for the train journey, but I’m sure I’ll be alright.
Now I’ll tell you about my bags before I get into what’s in them. The bigger bag is the Longchamp Le Pliage in large. A bit big for just a weekend, but very sturdy and nice. I don’t know the brand of the little golden crossbody because I stole it out of my grandma’s closet (well, she gave it to me).
Now what I’m bringing:
The travel outfit:
So I did switch out the jacket for a more lightweight one, but other than that this is what I plan on wearing tomorrow (writing this on Thursday):
- My Adidas, because what else?
- A pair of blue high-waisted jeans
- A bralette because it’s way more comfortable than a bra
- My Stitch, Please Ice Queen shirt
- And like I said, I switch out my leather jacket for another one
I don’t need to bring a whole lot of stuff because it’s only 3 days, but I don’t really know what the weather will be like so I did bring a few options. I like to be ready for anything. Probably why I am an overpacker..
- My Stitch, Please Babygirl sweater because LOVE
- A cute cami that goes nicely with my jeans
- My She Loves Mila dress in case it’s super hot
- Pajama shorts
- A tank top to sleep in
- Tights in case I want to wear the dress when it’s not super hot
- A bra
The beauty stuff:
A girl always needs her beauty things 🙂 I also brought lip balm but I forgot to put it in the picture.
- Facial cleanser, I am almost out of my Nivea one so I have started using this Garnier one
- Makeup wipes
- Micellar water
- A daily moisturizer with high SPF
- A nightly moisturizer
- Eye cream
- Body wash
- A perfume. I’m almost out of this Dolce one and it makes me so sad!
- My hair brush. I like to bring my Tangle Teezer because it’s nice and compact
Of course I need my makeup as well!
- A minimal amount of brushes
- An eyeshadow palette. I decided to not bring my Naked Basics palette for once or my Estée Lauder one, but instead bring this one from BE Creative that has some stunning shimmers for all over the lid.
- A highlighter
- A bronzer
- Eyeshadow primer
- A muted red lipstick
- Eyebrow gel
- Lash curler
- Eyebrow pencil
- Eye pencil
- A nude lipstick
Some last minute add on’s:
Like I said, I’m an over-packer. I’m also very good at changing my mind last minute. And I had to pack a few days in advance because I needed time to take and edit the pictures and write this post. So today, last minute, I decided to switch some things out or bring some extra stuff.
- A midi dress. I got this one from my grandma because she didn’t want it anymore and I am utterly obsessed with it so I needed to bring it.
- Like I said, I switched out the leather jacket for a different one. This bomber is actually my boyfriend’s but since he isn’t currently here to use it I have made it mine.
- A belt. Got this yesterday and it fits perfect around my waist, so I thought I’d bring it to spice up my outfits.
- A nude lip liner. Again, got this yesterday and I love it so I need to bring it.
The lifestyle stuff:
Aside for all the fashion and beauty stuff I am bringing, I of course also need some things to actually survive the trip. Like money. And books. And snacks, of course! I got a small bag of candy at the market today to bring with me on the train, and I found my favourite chocolate that I thought was only available in the UK, so I am very happy about that. And I’ll also bring some sandwiches so I won’t feel totally unhealthy.
- A scarf, in case it does get cold
- A notebook, in case I need to write something down
- The Turn Of The Screw by Henry James. As I mentioned last week I think this is a good book for on the train
- The Obsidian Chamber by Preston & Child. I picked this book up a few days ago after waiting for it for months. So happy I can finally start reading it!
- My train tickets (in the book). I also have those on my phone but I just thought it would be useful to have them printed just in case
- My phone charger
- A water bottle
- Some peppermints
- A little coin purse because I have some cash and I don’t want any coins I might get to just hang out on the bottom of my bag
- An extra hair tie
- My cardholder with all my important cards and some cash
- Birth control
- A portable charger so I won’t run out of battery on the train
As I am writing this I just remembered I want to bring my selfie stick as well, so that will be coming with me too! I am planning on taking lots of pictures, so hopefully I’ll have a little travel diary up next week 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!